Monday, April 4, 2016

Earth Day Everyday

among the cattails
trying out the world
baby ducks

......................

down there, the valley blooms
up here, snow still on Black Butte
gardner beware

........................

walking the garden path
his heart home again to England
Lilly of the Valley

.........................

shy and newborn
white dogwoods lighting the forest
a young bride

...........................

waiting for my wren's song
    to own my back yard
"Come home soon, it's yours."

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I think Haiku are a clever form of poetry and I enjoyed reading these; I especially like the last one, there are so many endangered species in our world today. (I used to have hedgehogs in my garden but sadly no more)

    ReplyDelete

The Barefoot Peace of Ash Wednesday

 peace, barefoot walking slowly toward me floating grey and silver the Holy flashing through peace, a gathering of flickering angels he then...