Saturday, July 15, 2017

Running with Rilke

 from Love Letters to God
You run like a herd of luminous deer, and I am dark, I am forest.” Rilke
……………………………………………………………………………
1.
I believe in Soul
the great ocean of it
married to life
shining out
everywhere
A soft April rain
          whispers
          remember
          remember
          remember me
LC
……………………………………………………………………………………………
2.
Two tiny shards of a broken dish
fit into one
Minoan flower
that ancient artist speaks
through the dust to my soul
LC
……………………………………………………………………………………
3.
Silence is a gift of unheard music
a baby joy without words.
Who can net the connectedness of everything?
…its strange mortal-eternal dance?
LC
………………………………………………………………………………………..
4.
in Baltimore, a soggy August day
hot sidewalks hissing a mist
lights just beginning to come on
a dancer
jives, turns, writhes and leaps
higher, then lower, then higher
all the way to the bouncing stars

if she comes back
she’ll never be the same
LC
………………………………………………………………………………………….
5.
Evensong in my cathedral
where the saints are all those I loved
enshrined in their own music
a woman-god service
teaching surrender, fearful
or fearless, just letting go
into who knows what
a servant
going in peace

LC

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Barefoot Peace of Ash Wednesday

 peace, barefoot walking slowly toward me floating grey and silver the Holy flashing through peace, a gathering of flickering angels he then...