Monday, June 13, 2022

Woven Together

 Wind Story

speaking of death

for me

a matter of merging

with my remembered field

just a little girl

where I first understood it

losing all boundaries

like music, timeless and all about time

a grasshopper, cicada, the buzz of summer life

blowing gently around me

telling me that story


The Backpack

a backpack of heavy fabrics

my grandmother's grandmothers

their sorrows and joys

my mother's sudden wonder

and the backbreaking loads

those men had to carry

stones of war, weighing on them 


on that day, I will lay it all down

under a huge tree

I'll fly away


Clearly

just add us all to the list 

of fallen angels

the ones that regret the whole Lucifer thing

as we stumble along

yearning for beauty and kindness

on and on




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Barefoot Peace of Ash Wednesday

 peace, barefoot walking slowly toward me floating grey and silver the Holy flashing through peace, a gathering of flickering angels he then...