Thursday, November 6, 2014

Ekphrastic- ku
Haiku poetry about art for Dawn Boone

.............................

in a frame
Cinderella chased by her slipper
modern art

..................................

fresh mountain snow
the brightness of a new page
I'm afraid to draw

...................................

the old book
cut into a Chevy
let's go for a ride

..................................

Michelangelo
painting an angel on the ceiling
did she really wink?

..................................

shadow dancing
let's leave a painting
on the floor

..................................

a hazy picture
in the grounds of my morning coffee
could be art


big magic fox
a sculpted scroll in his teeth
please unroll your story

.................................

pin-up in the old tank
as long as the war lasted
she smiled at him

..............................

black ink calligraphy
Don Quixote and Sancho Panza
Picasso playing

...............................

a skinny Giacometti
If I stare long enough
will I loose weight?

..................................

design on ice
long lines, sudden stop
jumping skater

2 comments:

  1. These are quite wonderful, Lorna. The one about losing weight made me smile! I wish!!!!! It sounds like you are immersed in art these days. Good for you! May we see some of your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry. I'm doing haiku and other short form poetry and making little books to put them in. I'm almost ready to photograph the handmade books with the haiku or other poems. For me, it's a spiritual practice and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

The Barefoot Peace of Ash Wednesday

 peace, barefoot walking slowly toward me floating grey and silver the Holy flashing through peace, a gathering of flickering angels he then...